So let's be honest...school sucks, res is confining...you need some time away, so we (Leslie, Jo and I) stole away to good old Niagara Falls!
After driving 3 hours (stuck in traffic for 2) we arrived and found ourselves a wonderful hotel with a "Huuuuge room!" and "A POOL!!!" began preparing for our night out.
Dressing up, doing our hair and makeup and trying to find shoes...so we searched all the way over to the payless and wal mart we saw on our way in to the city...and with success we returned to do some final touch ups and head out...to the CASINO!
We were real "bad-asses" (par example I smoked a popeyes cigarette and Jo pretended her water was alcohol...our version of pre drinking)
We clearly didn't belong...so we left and went to Denny's where the quote "$13 for some eggs...eff that" came about and we headed across the road to Wolfgang Puck's where we happily munched on nicer and cheaper food and I enjoyed my first Chocolatini...for the most part...if there weren't any alcohol in it, it would have been better.
Apres le restaraunt we teetered and whined in our 'grown up shoes' back to the hotel where we escaped our formal wear and put some mud on our face and paint on our nails searching for these "FREE MOVIES" the sign doth promised...(and upon further inspection discovered that the moves were on HBO and Showtime...nooo thanks)
We became famished and sought refuge in a 7Eleven gas station shop where we got everything we ever desired in a midnight snack...except for Leslie who's 'cheese smokie' with nacho cheese didn't sit so well and the lady thought I was crazy because I called myself a monkey. After that we settled ourselves down with some disney and dreamed the night away...when I awoke in the morning it was 8:45 am...and I was the only one awake...for 10 minutes...when Jo awoke she was promptly greeted with "LETS GO SWIMMING!" and Leslie awoke with a lesser enthousiasm.
A half an hour later we were headed down to the pool where we splashed around like mermaids sweat in the sauna and cooked in the Jacuzzi...then on to all you can eat breakfast where we planned the days activities: Piercing my nose, then downtown for some museums, seeing the falls, dinner and back to school. However we strayed from our set out path. We went to the tattoo and piercing place but it was closed for another half an hour so we drove around to see the falls then back...
I opted out of the piercing when the guy appeared with two infected nostrils and we went to the wax museum which was incredible...everything was so realistic it was creepy. I really enjoyed playing rock paper scissors with Dr.Phil, grabbing Brad Pitt's bum, and all around mocking Hitler. Apres la nous voyagerons a le Ripley's Believe it or Not...we found a big chair!
The highlights were watching and making inappropriate gestures at the people in the two way mirror and lying in the trippy tunnel when we couldn't stand any longer. Then...after wandering the street we found our way to the SkyWheel...my idea to ride the giant ferris wheel with special enclosed and heated boxes so that we could see the falls and everything...we could but the ride was not without a panicked first trip to the top from me.
Then was dinner at a reasonably priced and tasty Kelsey's and then we headed home...after heading in a few wrong directions first...and now we are home at Tyndale...and my home will soon be apartment 201!
But oh how I'll miss Canada's version of Vegas...which can be compared to perhaps President's Choice Version of an iPod
These are pictures NOT in chronological order (I selected them as such however I suppose would "spice up" this blog









After driving 3 hours (stuck in traffic for 2) we arrived and found ourselves a wonderful hotel with a "Huuuuge room!" and "A POOL!!!" began preparing for our night out.
Dressing up, doing our hair and makeup and trying to find shoes...so we searched all the way over to the payless and wal mart we saw on our way in to the city...and with success we returned to do some final touch ups and head out...to the CASINO!
We were real "bad-asses" (par example I smoked a popeyes cigarette and Jo pretended her water was alcohol...our version of pre drinking)
We clearly didn't belong...so we left and went to Denny's where the quote "$13 for some eggs...eff that" came about and we headed across the road to Wolfgang Puck's where we happily munched on nicer and cheaper food and I enjoyed my first Chocolatini...for the most part...if there weren't any alcohol in it, it would have been better.
Apres le restaraunt we teetered and whined in our 'grown up shoes' back to the hotel where we escaped our formal wear and put some mud on our face and paint on our nails searching for these "FREE MOVIES" the sign doth promised...(and upon further inspection discovered that the moves were on HBO and Showtime...nooo thanks)
We became famished and sought refuge in a 7Eleven gas station shop where we got everything we ever desired in a midnight snack...except for Leslie who's 'cheese smokie' with nacho cheese didn't sit so well and the lady thought I was crazy because I called myself a monkey. After that we settled ourselves down with some disney and dreamed the night away...when I awoke in the morning it was 8:45 am...and I was the only one awake...for 10 minutes...when Jo awoke she was promptly greeted with "LETS GO SWIMMING!" and Leslie awoke with a lesser enthousiasm.
A half an hour later we were headed down to the pool where we splashed around like mermaids sweat in the sauna and cooked in the Jacuzzi...then on to all you can eat breakfast where we planned the days activities: Piercing my nose, then downtown for some museums, seeing the falls, dinner and back to school. However we strayed from our set out path. We went to the tattoo and piercing place but it was closed for another half an hour so we drove around to see the falls then back...
I opted out of the piercing when the guy appeared with two infected nostrils and we went to the wax museum which was incredible...everything was so realistic it was creepy. I really enjoyed playing rock paper scissors with Dr.Phil, grabbing Brad Pitt's bum, and all around mocking Hitler. Apres la nous voyagerons a le Ripley's Believe it or Not...we found a big chair!
The highlights were watching and making inappropriate gestures at the people in the two way mirror and lying in the trippy tunnel when we couldn't stand any longer. Then...after wandering the street we found our way to the SkyWheel...my idea to ride the giant ferris wheel with special enclosed and heated boxes so that we could see the falls and everything...we could but the ride was not without a panicked first trip to the top from me.
Then was dinner at a reasonably priced and tasty Kelsey's and then we headed home...after heading in a few wrong directions first...and now we are home at Tyndale...and my home will soon be apartment 201!
But oh how I'll miss Canada's version of Vegas...which can be compared to perhaps President's Choice Version of an iPod
These are pictures NOT in chronological order (I selected them as such however I suppose would "spice up" this blog











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home