So what to do with my life...it's a tad confusing sometimes. I was told to do what I"m good at, but in grade 8 graduating from elementary school I watched all of my friends win awards for math, science, english, I had gotten straight A's but no awards. Then the last award came up...the ACE award, it was all mine, why? Because I'm well rounded, I'm competent at a bunch of things but finding my one special talent has been an interesting journey.
There have been a few things along the way I've learned I'm not bad at and love doing like improv or writing or photography. But I'm at school for youth ministry, I love my internship but I don't know if I want to be a youth pastor.
Understanding that tuition at Tyndale is ridiculously priced an for me having to pay for myself I decided to take a semester off for now. Get a job and real work experience and really evaluate what I am supposed to be doing.
Sometimes I feel so pressured just to associate myself with a post secondary school...does it really matter? Does saying I went to Guelph or Tyndale make me smarter? Does it make me a better person? I do agree that education is very important and I plan to be educated but not necessarily in the traditional sense. Maybe I'll go take classes at Second City (pretty much a dream) and/or taking hands on photography courses.
I think some people are probably disappointed that I'm not sticking it out, but to them I'd like to say, thats ok but I'm going to make the decisions that are best for me right now. I'm smart and flexable and I'll land on my feet, and whatever I end up doing I'm gonna love it.
There have been a few things along the way I've learned I'm not bad at and love doing like improv or writing or photography. But I'm at school for youth ministry, I love my internship but I don't know if I want to be a youth pastor.
Understanding that tuition at Tyndale is ridiculously priced an for me having to pay for myself I decided to take a semester off for now. Get a job and real work experience and really evaluate what I am supposed to be doing.
Sometimes I feel so pressured just to associate myself with a post secondary school...does it really matter? Does saying I went to Guelph or Tyndale make me smarter? Does it make me a better person? I do agree that education is very important and I plan to be educated but not necessarily in the traditional sense. Maybe I'll go take classes at Second City (pretty much a dream) and/or taking hands on photography courses.
I think some people are probably disappointed that I'm not sticking it out, but to them I'd like to say, thats ok but I'm going to make the decisions that are best for me right now. I'm smart and flexable and I'll land on my feet, and whatever I end up doing I'm gonna love it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home